I am a postdoc at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, collaborating with Heng Ji. I received my Ph.D. in computer science at the University of California Los Angeles, where I worked with Kai-Wei Chang and Nanyun Peng. Prior to that, I obtained my M.S. and B.S. from National Taiwan University, where I was advised by Hsuan-Tien Lin. My research primarily focuses on natural language processing and machine learning. I am particularly passionate about advancing NLP models to attain human-level comprehension of texts. To achieve this goal, I am dedicated to enhancing the ability of NLP models to extract and understand abstract concepts, as well as their capacity to generalize to new domains and novel concepts. The key highlights of my research include the following topics:
- Abstract concept recognition: guiding NLP models to extract and identify meaningful information from texts (DEGREE, AMPERE, TagPrime).
- Text representation learning: developing robust text representations that capture semantic meaning and recognize semantically equivalent texts (SynPG, ParaBART, AMRPG, ParaAMR).
- Knowledge generalization: transferring the acquired knowledge of NLP models to novel domains (GENEVA, PrefixEmb) and unseen languages (RobustXLT, X-Gear, SALT, CLAP).
Please check my CV for more information. I am on the job market this year. Feel free to contact me!
- [2023/11] Please check out our TextEE project about benchmakring event extraction
- [2023/10] Our paper about easily updated text representations is accepted by EMNLP-Findings 2023
- [2023/09] Please check out our AACL 2023 paper about zero-shot cross-lingual transfer
- [2023/07] Our ParaAMR paper receives ACL 2023 Area Chair Award
- [2023/07] I will join BLENDER Lab as a postdoc, working with Heng Ji
- [2023/06] I get my Ph.D.! Thanks all those who trust me and support me
- [2023/04] Please check out our five papers accepted by ACL 2023
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2023-present
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of California Los Angeles, 2018-2023
- Research Intern, Meta AI, Summer 2022
- Applied Scientist Intern, Amazon Alexa AI, Spring 2022
- Applied Scientist Intern, Amazon AWS AI, Summer 2021
- Research Intern, Tencent AI Lab, Summer 2019
- M.S. in Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2014-2016
- B.S. in Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, 2010-2014
- Natural Language Processing: ACL Rolling Review (2021-2023), ACL (2021-2023), EMNLP (2021-2023), NAACL (2022), EACL (2023-2024)
- Machine Learning: ICML (2020-2023), NeurIPS (2021-2023), ICLR (2021-2024)
- Artificial Intelligence: AAAI (2022-2024)
- Student Volunteer
- ACL 2020
- EMNLP 2021
- Handbook Assistant
- EMNLP 2018